An experienced telecommunications executive and the founder of the Telco Communications Group, Inc., Donald Burns is the chairman of the board of directors of magicJack. In this capacity, he oversees all operations at the Voice over IP (VoIP) provider, which has sold more than 10 million units since its initial product launch. After joining the board of directors of magicJack in 2010, Donald Burns accepted an offer to become the chairman in 2012.
In addition, he is a member of the company’s Audit Committee. Before taking up his current role with magicJack, Donald Burns served as the chief executive officer, president, and vice chairman of Telco Communications Group, Inc., a company he founded in 1993. As an organizational leader of the telecommunications company and its Dial & Save subsidiaries, he significantly decreased home phone bills for millions of customers and broke the long-distance monopoly previously held by AT&T. In just three years, Donald Burns helped Telco to become a leading long-distance service provider in the United States. In 1997, he sold the company to Excel Communications for $1 billion in cash and equity. In recent years, Donald Burns secured a 33 percent ownership stake in a shipyard. He also played a central role in the construction of a charter yacht that represents a promising business venture in development.
In addition, Donald Burns is the head of his own charitable foundation, which provides financial support to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, including the Gay and Lesbian Leadership Institute and Palliative & Supportive Care of Nantucket.
- Yammer: the social networking site for companies - If you’ve just joined the Yammer network within your company, chances are you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the options that the tool gives you and you may not know quite how to begin. So we’ll take a look at a few tips on the first things you should do to take… More Yammer: the social networking site for companies
- Everything You Need to Know About Grasshopper - Grasshopper is one of today’s leaders in the world for VoIP alternatives. The virtual phone business is on the rise and has rather quickly become the best alternative for businesses looking to have better communication with their clients. Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP is basically when through a network like the internet you are… More Everything You Need to Know About Grasshopper
- Tips and tricks to improve your home’s Wi-Fi signal - If you have internet access at home, it’s very likely that you’re also able to go online via Wi-Fi, be it with your PC, notebook, tablet or mobile phone. Wi-Fi is quite comfortable, but sometimes it doesn’t reach every room in your house or it becomes slow and unstable. Let’s take a look at the… More Tips and tricks to improve your home’s Wi-Fi signal
- How to Set Up Your Android with A Faster Wi-Fi Connection? - Many of you have had the feeling that your Wi-Fi is not navigating at the speed it should be, despite it appearing to be at full strength. Another clear sign is that the use of Wi-Fi seems to be taking toll on your battery sooner than usual. Now, this could be due to your physical… More How to Set Up Your Android with A Faster Wi-Fi Connection?
- Join.me, a collaborative tool for startups - It is increasingly necessary to use ICTs to stay updated, informed and connected. The rapid advance of the internet has made it possible to shorten distances, and some Web 2.0 tools such as chat and video conferencing allow the optimization of resources and time, facilitating meetings and remote procedures, without the user having to travel.… More Join.me, a collaborative tool for startups