An experienced telecommunications executive and the founder of the Telco Communications Group, Inc., Donald Burns is the chairman of the board of directors of magicJack. In this capacity, he oversees all operations at the Voice over IP (VoIP) provider, which has sold more than 10 million units since its initial product launch. After joining the board of directors of magicJack in 2010, Donald Burns accepted an offer to become the chairman in 2012.
In addition, he is a member of the company’s Audit Committee. Before taking up his current role with magicJack, Donald Burns served as the chief executive officer, president, and vice chairman of Telco Communications Group, Inc., a company he founded in 1993. As an organizational leader of the telecommunications company and its Dial & Save subsidiaries, he significantly decreased home phone bills for millions of customers and broke the long-distance monopoly previously held by AT&T. In just three years, Donald Burns helped Telco to become a leading long-distance service provider in the United States. In 1997, he sold the company to Excel Communications for $1 billion in cash and equity. In recent years, Donald Burns secured a 33 percent ownership stake in a shipyard. He also played a central role in the construction of a charter yacht that represents a promising business venture in development.
In addition, Donald Burns is the head of his own charitable foundation, which provides financial support to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, including the Gay and Lesbian Leadership Institute and Palliative & Supportive Care of Nantucket.
- Redbooth, a complete tool for project management - Redbooth is a complete platform to manage tasks and projects, with real-time online collaboration tools, which enables teams, startups, and organizations to communicate more effectively. This cloud-based software offers instant messaging, file sharing, creating and managing tasks, HD video conferences and voice calls with a single click, among many other features that make of e-mail … More Redbooth, a complete tool for project management
- What Startups Should Consider When Going Mobile - Many startups nowadays find the need to be part of this globalized technological world by means of a mobile app. The easier you make it for clients to access your company, service or acquire your product, the easier and most likely it will be to get more clients. Today’s constantly connected world requires services that … More What Startups Should Consider When Going Mobile
- Is Li-Fi the next step of wireless technology evolution? - Do you know any other different wireless network than Wi-Fi? Well, this post is about Li-Fi or LIFI, a concept that will make people talk a lot about the new era of wireless connections. It’s an alternative to the well-known Wi-Fi concept. What is Li-Fi, how does it work, what advantages and disadvantages does it … More Is Li-Fi the next step of wireless technology evolution?
- Yammer: the social networking site for companies - If you’ve just joined the Yammer network within your company, chances are you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the options that the tool gives you and you may not know quite how to begin. So we’ll take a look at a few tips on the first things you should do to take … More Yammer: the social networking site for companies
- Everything You Need to Know About Grasshopper - Grasshopper is one of today’s leaders in the world for VoIP alternatives. The virtual phone business is on the rise and has rather quickly become the best alternative for businesses looking to have better communication with their clients. Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP is basically when through a network like the internet you are … More Everything You Need to Know About Grasshopper