An experienced telecommunications executive and the founder of the Telco Communications Group, Inc., Donald Burns is the chairman of the board of directors of magicJack. In this capacity, he oversees all operations at the Voice over IP (VoIP) provider, which has sold more than 10 million units since its initial product launch. After joining the board of directors of magicJack in 2010, Donald Burns accepted an offer to become the chairman in 2012.
In addition, he is a member of the company’s Audit Committee. Before taking up his current role with magicJack, Donald Burns served as the chief executive officer, president, and vice chairman of Telco Communications Group, Inc., a company he founded in 1993. As an organizational leader of the telecommunications company and its Dial & Save subsidiaries, he significantly decreased home phone bills for millions of customers and broke the long-distance monopoly previously held by AT&T. In just three years, Donald Burns helped Telco to become a leading long-distance service provider in the United States. In 1997, he sold the company to Excel Communications for $1 billion in cash and equity. In recent years, Donald Burns secured a 33 percent ownership stake in a shipyard. He also played a central role in the construction of a charter yacht that represents a promising business venture in development.
In addition, Donald Burns is the head of his own charitable foundation, which provides financial support to a wide variety of nonprofit organizations, including the Gay and Lesbian Leadership Institute and Palliative & Supportive Care of Nantucket.
- How to use When I Work to better communicate with your team - This service makes it easier for employers to manage and notify the work shifts that have been assigned to each of their employees. When I Work is an online tool that will make it easier to program work shifts for each of the employees, setting up a calendar with their schedules and the places in … More How to use When I Work to better communicate with your team
- Using A Social Intranet Software to Your Company’s Advantage - Internal communication is one of the most important elements that will dictate the success of your company, and some may even argue it is by far an essential strategy that must be taken care of from the first day your company opens its doors. Many have struggled trying to find just the strategy, platform or … More Using A Social Intranet Software to Your Company’s Advantage
- What Not to Do in Your Startup’s Communication Plan - Every startup to be successful needs to have a clear game plan from day one, and one of the things that will most likely affect the future of your company will be how people communicate internally and externally. Communication best practices are what will take your company to the next level, because if you have … More What Not to Do in Your Startup’s Communication Plan
- What you need to know about VoIP - The concept VoIP refers basically to voice over Internet Protocol. What does it mean? It means that voice can go through the internet. It is also known as Internet telephony. The difference between VoIP and traditional telephony is that VoIP sends all its data (voice signals and its encoding) over the internet, and traditional telephony … More What you need to know about VoIP
- Redbooth, a complete tool for project management - Redbooth is a complete platform to manage tasks and projects, with real-time online collaboration tools, which enables teams, startups, and organizations to communicate more effectively. This cloud-based software offers instant messaging, file sharing, creating and managing tasks, HD video conferences and voice calls with a single click, among many other features that make of e-mail … More Redbooth, a complete tool for project management